My name is Ric, I’m an outdoors man, painter and YouTuber. I was born in Portugal, then moved around the world a bit, currently hanging my hammock in Sweden .
I am passionate about painting in the wilderness, bushcrafting, camping and everything else related to the great outdoors. My goal is to bring the love I have for nature into your home, in any form I can, whether it's a painting on your wall or a video on your phone. I want people to become more aware of whatever is left of our natural world, and hopefully becoming respectful of it, or at least, more connected to it again. I hope to do this by painting and documenting my adventures on my YouTube Channel.
On this website you can find:
- Some of my work for sale here
- Updated lists of the gear I use outdoors and painting
- Free basic painting lessons for those that want to "give it a go"
- Links to video playlists of my wilderness adventures, pleinair painting and bushcraft
- And sometimes, a wilderness painting workshop with me in person. Those are rare, so make sure to subscribe to the newsletter to stay on top of it.
The wonderful school called the woods, some special people in my life, books and that great thing called YouTube.
BA, Illustration and Fine Art at Swansea’s Institute of Higher Education, University of Wales - UK
Note: I did not learn how to paint in college since representational art and traditional skills were frowned upon by art teachers at the time. I didn't feel like throwing paint in a canvas to "express my emotions", nor felt like creating useless contraptions to be displayed as "art " in an installation. Hence why I studied traditional illustration instead.
So when it comes to painting, I am mostly self taught.